To prepare you and your family for the upcoming flu season we’ve prepared a list of frequently asked questions.
Does insurance cover the vaccine?
- Vaccines administered to children who are patients of the practice will be submitted to insurance under standard billing procedures
- Parents and caretakers are also welcome to recieve the flu vaccine in the office. It will be your responsibility to submit for reimbursement and at your request we will provide you with proof of vaccination (not a reimbursement form).
What are the prices for the Influenza Vaccines?
- All Flu Vaccines will cost $50 (For all injectables and Flu Mist)
Who can get the mist?
- Healthy children, adolescents, and adults ages 2-49.
I’ve heard some children require 2 doses. Is that true? Yes. Your child will require 2 doses separated by 1 month if they are between the ages of 6 months and up to and including 8 years of age if they fall into the following categories:
- The child never recieved the flu vaccine in the past or if the information is unknown.
- The child has only recieved one dose each year since July 2010.
Who should come in for the Influenza Vaccine?
- Anyone can and should get the flu vaccine, especially children between the ages of 6 months and 19 years as well as parents and caretakers. Remember protecting ourselves is great way to protect our children! Pregnant women should be vaccinated after the first trimester.
- Some children have chronic medical conditions and are considered high risk and should be vaccinated. If your child has one or more of the conditions listed below they MUST have an appointment to allow for a review of his/her condition at which point we will administer the injectable vaccine at their visit.
- Complex cardiac disease
- Kidney disease
- Diabetes Mellitus
- Asthma: ONLY if the child required evaluation by a physician for exacerbated symptoms within the past year.
We understand that you may still have more questions about what you and/or your child needs. Please rest assured that we will be happy to help you choose the right Influenza vaccination as well as answer all of your questions when you come into the clinic. As you can imagine we are coming into a busy time of year. Please help us keep our phone lines as open as possible for children who need appointments. However, please do feel free to email us with your questions. You can reach us at:
email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, and email@example.com
***Please watch for an update announcing our opening date for Flu Clinic***