Maryland State has NEW requirements for all incoming 7th grade students. As of this coming 2014-2015 school year, all 7th grade students must have documentation of receiving their MCV4 (Meningitis) & Tdap (Tetanus) vaccines.
Don’t Panic! The majority of our patients have already received these immunizations if they are up to date with their annual well visit.
Carefully read the listed items below to see how you can be fully prepared for your child’s new school year.
Parents/Guardians of 7th graders
- We have printed all immunizations for 7th graders and have them ready for you. Please pick up* your child’s immunizations at the front desk.
- *Due to the high volume of patients that require documentation of these immunizations we cannot fax or mail these out.
- If your child is not up to date with the required vaccines, our office should have already contacted you to inform you that your child needs an appointment.
- Already picked up your child’s immunization record? No problem! After the school year starts, any copies left at the front desk will be shredded.
Parents/Guardians of all patients:
- If your child needs school, medication, sports, or daycare forms completed, please remember that it takes our office 3-5 business days to process them. Please turn them in to our office ASAP.
- How can you get them to us? Visit our website www.potomacpediatrics.com ‘Contact Us’ –> ‘Forms: School, Camp, Daycare’ to view the directions.
Have a wonderful and safe rest of your summer!